Individual & Corporate Giving
Candlelighters serves the entire family when a child is diagnosed with cancer, through treatment, and beyond. We help local families in Oregon and SW Washington.
The financial and emotional impact of childhood cancer can be enormous.
- 2 out of 4 families report considerable to severe household debt as a result of the child’s cancer care.
- 33% of families state that one adult in their household stopped working completely.
- 6 out of 10 families with children with cancer reported spending between $1,000 and $10,000 a year on non-medical expenses.
Making a donation in memory or in honor of a loved one?
We’ll mail a letter on your behalf to your chosen recipient. Simply provide the contact information and allow 7-10 days for delivery.
We help local families in Oregon and SW Washington by providing:
- Emergency Financial Assistance to offset medical bills, loss of income when a parent stops working, transportation costs. Since 2002, Candlelighters has provided up to $599 in financial assistance per year for families in need.
- A weekend away from treatment at our annual Candlelighters Family Camp; since 1995
- Scholarships for college age students who have battled or are battling cancer; since 1996
- In hospital hot-catered meals and snacks for as many as 2,000 people annually; since the 1990s
- Peer support and networking though monthly family activities and programs; since 1980s.
Individual gifts, no matter the amount, are integral to providing programs and services to our families.
We welcome monthly giving, one-time gifts, company matched gifts, or planned giving. We’d love to talk with you about giving options.
Mail your check to:
Candlelighters For Children With Cancer
6600 SW 92nd Ave, Suite 160
Portland, OR 97223
Many corporations match employee gifts as part of their philanthropic efforts. If you donate to us, or volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a grant as a way to recognize your ongoing support. To ensure your gift is directed to our organization, please use our tax identification number, 93-0682416.
Corporate Partners are essential in helping Candlelighters For Children With Cancer accomplish its mission.
Through the generosity of businesses ranging from family-owned local enterprises to some of the world’s largest corporations, we are able to help families affected by childhood cancer.
Become a Partner
Candlelighters is dedicated to building long-term, beneficial strategic alliances with corporate partners. Every cause-corporate program is designed to advance both the sponsor’s business goals and Candlelighters mission.
For more information, contact Moana Newman or call 503.719.4244
We exist because of generous donors and partners. Our corporate partners contributions help empower our families.