Candlelighters is excited to have families together once again. We appreciate your patience and flexibility through the pandemic as we continue to find safe ways to bring our community together.
As we anticipate our upcoming family gatherings, the Candlelighters staff and Board of Directors continue to keep the safety of our families a priority. We continue to stay up to date on statewide COVID-19 cases, as well as both national and local regulations and recommendations.
Candlelighters acknowledges that we have families who are in different phases of treatment and recovery, leading to various levels of comfort for group and social gatherings. The following Candlelighters Safety Protocols are being implemented to ensure we are prioritizing the safety of all who attend an upcoming Candlelighters Family Event.
Candlelighters Family Events – COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Updated April 1, 2022
● Candlelighters understands that the current CDC guidelines as of March 12, 2022 do not require face masks indoors or outdoors. Due to the demographic of our families with some children in active treatment, we are asking that all participants of a Candlelighters event bring a face mask with them. Although masks will not be required to be worn, we ask that if you are in conversation with a family or participant that is choosing to wear a face mask, you also put on your mask for that conversation.
● Certain indoor events may still require participants to wear face masks and will be decided upon a case-by-case basis. If the event does not require face masks, we ask that you follow the guidelines above.
● Certain events may ask for volunteers to provide proof of vaccination status or a negative COVID test within (72) hours of the event. If this is required for your Candlelighters event, the expectation is to provide documentation the day of the event at check-in.
● If you have been in contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 within (14) days of the event, we ask that you do not attend, regardless of your vaccination status.
● If you have tested positive for and recovered from COVID-19 within the last (14) days, we ask that you do not attend unless you can provide proof of a negative COVID test.
● If you have signs of any illness, we ask that you do not attend the Candlelighters event.
Again, thank you for your understanding, patience, and flexibility as we work to create the safest and most inclusive outing for you and your family. We understand that the circumstances are not ideal and in a time of so much uncertainty, community is wanted and needed. Thank you for working with us as we navigate this alongside you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Sarah Breece, Executive Director.